Saturday, July 24, 2010

You gotta do What you gotta do!

Living in Reno, you never get use to the heavy winds. While sitting here on the computer, I noticed out my sliding door that our Tomato plant was completely blown over. The metal cage that holds the plant was completely bent at the bottom.

"OH, NO! What do I do?" Nick's not home, so I get creative. The only thing I could find to try the plant's cage was Sheet Rock Tape (left over from our bedroom). So I tie one end to Nick's hammock where it hooks to the house and the other is tied one of our porch poles. Plus, I found a closet rod, the wooden kind that you hang your close up on, and stuck that in the ground to hold the other side of the plant. It's doing an okay job.

The wind wouldn't be such a problem, but our tomato plant has grown at almost 2 feet above the cage. The cage is 3.5 to 4 feet tall. Nick and I don't know what to do. It's just taken off! But we do have 7 tomatoes growing!!!!

Just thought I'd post my amazing abilities at securing things!




Next to our big tomato plant, we have a smaller tomato plant, cantaloupe and zucchini plants. We are getting exciting to be able to eat our plants!

1 comment:

Heidi and Jace said...

You are quite creative!