We had a very fun Christmas. We woke up to a White Christmas. Nick says it was the first time in MANY years! It rained all night but by morning it changed into snow and never stopped all day. Nick and I decided to get up early and open our gifts and then show up earlier to his family's house. After we showed up it was nothing but crazy fun. Between Nick and I, we got 7 DVDs, a Dehydrator, a POUND OF HONEY, socks, an awesome bag/purse, and even food storage. Christmas is a lot different when children aren't around but the Haines family sure knows how to make up for it. After everything was unwrapped, every tummy full, we went on a snowy hike. Later, we had Christmas dinner with with Nick's family, grandparents, and aunts. We had homemade Chicken cord on Blue, wild rice pilaf and veggies. We then sat around and sang Christmas songs before we ate the famous Flaming Cake.
Oh yeah, for Christmas eve Nick and I were in charge of the program. So we acted out the Nativity and was quite interesting. So when I get a picture I'll have to post it. You'd laugh.

Our lovely tree!

The Haines only half way through opening gifts.

The Haines's backyard mid-day!
The Happy Couple in the snow!
Which means there's prenty on snow for Nick to ski on.
The flaming cake!

No comments:
Post a Comment