This sunday will be 2 years from when Nick and I started dating. Crazy to think of all that we have done in that time. Let's see there is: a wedding; 2 Sail Boat races; a Wooden Boat Show; Many (and I mean many) Hikes, Rock Climbing trips; and the latest Kayaking and tubing the Truckee River.
So this week Nick and I decided that we needed to start working out. I pulled out my roller blades (haven't been on in 3 years) and got on a mountain bike to bike to my in-law's house (I haven't been on a bike since the winter of my senior year in high school. I was a little rusty). It's not even the weekend and we have worked out almost everyday!
Yesterday we finally had our rock climbing trip. We went to a place called River Rock (near the border of nevada/Calif.) and sent the morning there. It was the first time I actually made it all the way to the top (TWICE)!!! I don't like heights but enjoy climbing up! Then the lastest adventure of Nick Haines is KAYAKING!!! WE've been checking out all the rapids in the Truckee River. So today we decided to go tube/kayak the River. Me being from Arizona, and not a fan of the cold, decided to put on Nick's wet suit and wore a life vest. Normally there's a few rapids but Nick wanted BIG ones!!! Needless to say on the first big rapid- I got filled out of the tube and inhaled lost of water. Yes I was fine! Nick was there to make sure. It was actually fun minus the bruises. If you ever need a great workout try- wearing a wetsuit trying to keep control of a tube that's bigger that normal and not hit every rock! So nick and I decided that since we started dating we will do almost anything crazy together. I guess it helps build our trust (or stupidity!)! Then once we got off the river, Nick was off to go Abilonie Diving of the coast Menicino, Calif. We never stop!
It's just amazing to think that that much time has passed and so many memories to remember. I'm so glad that I took the leap to move to Reno (unless I'm doing one of Nick's adventures). I hope all of you today can look at your love ones and tell them how much you love them. Even if they make you do crazy things- YOU STILL LOVE THEM!!!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment