Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hunter's first Back Pack Hike!

On Friday, Oct 1st, (Hunter's 6 weeks b-day) I told Nick I wanted to get out of the house and go hike somewhere. We ended up just outside of Markleeville, Ca. (30 mins outside of Gardnerville). We ended up hiking along side the Wolf Creek and hiked into this really pretty meadow. We only hiked about 30 mins because it was starting to down pour and didn't want to get completely soaked.

Hunter did great. This was the first time that we put him face forward in our carrier, and he LOVED it. He was wide eyed the whole time and just looking at everything. He really does like the outdoors. He just looks around and takes it all in! We had a fun time and can't wait to take him back packing/Hiking again!


We just put the jacket on Hunter and he was not happy with us becuase we took him out of the carseat and woke him up from his nap.


Hunter and I at the beginning of the trail.
It was fun to carrier him in the outside instead of on the inside.

HE fell alseep almost as soon as we put him in the carrier.


Hunter and I on the trail.

Our little family on the hike.


My little Hunter! This is what he looked liked most of the time.


Taking in the view!

Hunter and I sitting, right after we had snack.

Back in the car. He did great!


He was smiling but, he couldn't hold still long enough to get a good picture.

Hunter looking out the window.
This doesn't happen very often becuase we usually have the shade up,
but becuase it was over cast he got to look out.
Plus, we were on a dirt road and he wasn't sure what was going on.



Since this hike went great, Nick and I took Hunter on another hike the next day. Nick wanted to go kayaking, so Hunter and I hiked up with Nick and took pictures and video of Nick kayaking. I didn't get any pictures of us, but Hunter did great. He slept the whole time. Can't wait until the next adventure.

3 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

Hunter is looking more like Richard every photo! He will look so different when you come. Glad he is enjoying his hiking and that you are keeping him warm!

Jessica & McKay Robinson said...

Yeah I just found your blog. Hunter is so cute! I love how close our little beans are. It looks like everything is going great and he seems to be a really good baby. You have a darling family! Jess

Heidi and Jace said...

Love the round cheeks!! What a cutie!!