Monday, October 6, 2008

Arizona has a State song!?!

So I have done some research about this topic. Nick and his family sing the Nevada State Song regularly. I told him I never knew there was a state song for Arizona. Apparently I was wrong.

I found this out:

"The Arizona State Anthem was adopted February 28, 1919 by the Fourth State Legislature. The "Arizona March Song" as the anthem was titled, was written by Margaret Rowe Clifford with music composed by Maurice Blumenthal. More than 60 years later, the Arizona Legislature named Arizona (I love you Arizona), a song written and performed by Rex Allen, Jr. as an alternate state anthem. Rex Allen Jr. and father Rex Allen, natives of Willcox, are known world-wide for their famous renditions of cowboy songs."

I'm still trying to find out what they both sound like. I am the only ARIZONIAN that didn't know or learn the state song??

Apparently Nevadans still know theirs. If you ever see Nick you'll have to have him sing it to you. Once you hear it you'll never forget it.

No comments: